Believe it or not, it is that time again to find a babysitter for after-school care as you send your kids back to school. Fortunately, it is not as hard as you might think.
Here are five tips to finding the perfect babysitter.
1. Check your local colleges. College aged kids make excellent after-school sitters. They are also making their back to school plans now…so it is the best time to check with local college job boards and placement centers to see what students are looking for work.
2. Ask your hairdresser. (No…that wasn’t a joke.) They often know more about who is doing what in your town than most. I found one college-aged babysitter this way. She was not only great with my kids, but she was also willing to house sit and watch our dog when we were on vacation!
3. Ask your friends–but don’t expect them to hand over the number of their best babysitter. It just isn’t going to happen!
4. Ask teachers or pastors. They often know good caregivers in the area or young adults who may want to babysit.
5. Try an online matchmaking service like Sittercity. They have thousands of awesome babysitters all over the country. You can search their database before you pay for their service and probably find 10 great babysitters right in your area that would be perfect to watch your little ones.
Using these any of these tips, you should be able to find a great babysitter in no time!